Re: Finishing the sponsorship brochure

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:47:00PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> [2014-08-15 11:26 +0200]:
> > Can you give a rationale for that timing?  I don't see a reason we
> > have to absolutely finish it before the end of DC14, much less
> > this weekend.
>
> Because we want to distribute it at FrOSCon and at DC14.

Well, FrOSCon is a point, but (i) there's no Debian booth AFAIK and (ii)
just a small flyer with contact information ("for our sponsorship
brochure, contact us at <foo>") might suffice there.

What's the point distributing the brochure at DC14, to prospective
returning sponsors who might be around?  Would be nice, but I guess we
have their contact information already to potentially send it later on.

> I also want to finally just get this done. In Heidelberg, we
> projected June/July.
>
> > My suggestion would be to have an ad-hoc session at DC14 where we
> > invite participants who are from potential sponsors (and have
> > a say in sponsorship in their company), if there are any, and ask
> > them what they think would be useful for sponsoring.
>
> Yeah, that's a good idea. We can also modify the brochure later
> with those insights, but it would be good to have one presentable
> version ASAP, don't you agree?

Well, there's a difference between presentable, and agreed-upon-content.
I don't mind fixing up the layout or anything this weekend, but we can't
just hand out different version of the brochure with widely varying
sponsorship perks or EUR levels.

Michael