Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2014-04-10 21:43 +0200]:
> This is wrong, because we will have more people around that the
> people that are registered for food.  If we do what you are
> suggesting, people that have paid for food might get no food.

Yes, I am addressing this as we speak^W write.

> > We can certainly distribute meal tickets at registration time and
> > ask people to return unused tickets. At the end of the week, we
> > prove to the hostel how many tickets we did not pass out and pay if
> > more people ate than planned.
>
> No, this is not what I meant.  I meant re-selling the tickets to:
> 1) Reduce food waste
> 2) Allow external people to eat with the attendees
> 3) Cover the loss of sponsored people not eating.

Both go hand in hand. Handing out tickets and asking people to
return them means we can resell them to achieve all of your points.

At the end of the week, we'll also have N tickets left over, and if
there are 350 people who received tickets and we said 320 would eat,
then if we only had 20 tickets left over would mean we'd have to pay
for 330. I think this might be an acceptable solution to the youth
hostel. I will ask.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"the only difference between shakespeare and you
 was the size of his idiom list -- not the size of his vocabulary."
                                                      -- alan perlis