Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 09:29:17PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> [2014-04-10 21:03 +0200]:
> > I don't understand why "we" are paying the meal. Either they have sponsored
> > food, so the sponsor pays for the food, or they pay for themselves, for the
> > whole time they attend, I assume?
>
> You assume wrong. Either the person attends sponsored, then we pay
> the food; or the person attends after paying professional or
> corporate registration to us, and then we pay the food.

But somebody else gives us money for the food, shouldn't the money we save

> All money
> between attendees who sleep at the venue will go through us. Only
> external people pay themselves, and we want to keep those down to
> a minimum.

So food stamps it is. But it seems we need to find out first how many
external people will eat at the venue, since this may bring the numbers
above 100%, even if some people decide to eat outside. And then what?
Maybe there can be some kind of trading system where non-eaters can trade
their tickets with externals (via the reception so the extra money goes to
debconf)? This would limit the number of attendants to <= 100%, but if you
want to stay below 100% people need to announce beforehand that they are not
going to eat. I think this would be difficult.

Christian