Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

also sprach Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> [2014-04-10 18:30 +0200]:
> We will need a way of identifying who has food (either paid or
> sponsored) anyway.

Not if we pay 100 %, then the hostel just assumes that everyone who
eats gets to eat, since we have exclusive use of the venue.

> The other idea was to reduce the number of meals we order.

In case I wasn't clear: this is the whole point:

  - either we buy 100 % (3 meals per day per bed)
  - or we specify how many people will eat at each meal

For the first option, we need to do nothing, as far as I am told,
but we risk paying for food that gets thrown out or otherwise not
eaten.

For the second option, we need to assure towards the youth hostel
that not more people eat than we paid for, so if we pay for 85% one
night, we must not let more than 85% of the people in.

> I think it's better to go with what we know for sure, and try to
> sell what we can to outsiders.

We can certainly distribute meal tickets at registration time and
ask people to return unused tickets. At the end of the week, we
prove to the hostel how many tickets we did not pass out and pay if
more people ate than planned.

But this does mean providing volunteers at each meal to collect the
tickets… I will try to postpone a decision on this until after we
ate there once…

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"every day is long. 86400 doesn't fit in a short."