Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

Moin,
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 08:00:15PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 06:30:38PM +0200, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> > I personally hate the paper wristbands, I usually can't stand them for one
> > day, I  would go crazy having to wear one for two weeks.
>
> Well, I don't particularly like them, but I don't hate them either.
>
> They seem to work OK for the Chaos Communication Congress, and would
> indeed be much easier than other identification schemes we had in the
> past (like icons on name badges).
>
> But they wouldn't solve the problem of people just wandering into town
> for dinner with their wristband, and "we" paying for their missed meal.

I don't understand why "we" are paying the meal. Either they have sponsored
food, so the sponsor pays for the food, or they pay for themselves, for the
whole time they attend, I assume? "We" could save some money in case we knew
exact numbers, or we could avoid waste by not ordering too much food. As
much as I hate wasted food, but we would risk people go hungry. Is this
really worth saving maybe 150EUR per meal (in case we can keep the money
that others paid for the food)? Or am I missing something?

I liked how it worked in Vaumarcus, I think nobody complained when food was
running out when they came late for a meal, as they could have come earlier.
But maybe that works only at a remote location like Vaumarcus where no
outside people can wander in.

Christian