Re: [Debconf-team] help needed for penta datamining

Hi Joerg!

> On 13527 March 1977, Tássia Camões wrote:
>
> Be careful with the gender data in penta, it has lead to various
> discussions around it. Its a tri-value state, with true as male, false
> as female and unset as "undefined", and I sure don't need to explain how
> much this does not fit what many people think of it.

Thanks for your input.

Then my question is: Is there a safe way of using this data?

IMHO self proclaimed gender identity is a meaningful information and
the assessement of those statistics in Debconfs could contribute with
debate about diversity in Debian. This issue was raised in Barcelona
and I wonder if there would be another way of getting this data for
previous conferences.

Then how can we proceed in next conferences so that we can safely make
gender information public afterwards?

Tassia.