Re: [Debconf-team] help needed for penta datamining

On 26.03.2014 13:31, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Am 25.03.2014 07:32, schrieb Steve Langasek:
>
>> The best source of data for this is going to be the penta database.  Is
>> there someone here that's willing to volunteer their time to run some
>> queries and answer some questions?  If you don't already have access
>> to the
>> penta database, that's ok - if you're handy with SQL and have some
>> time to
>> give, it should be no problem to arrange access.

[...]

> ... here I say that we should not have this on outside machines but on
> debconf.org
> hosts, and I do volunteer to help getting it run there, which is
> directly on penta
> (readonly). And at least one other to have access than me and Gunnar. We
> do have
> role accounts for all of penta already, so its mostly getting people to
> have access
> and then for them to learn the penta schema).

I have the permissions, and I'm trying to code a script which should
generate anonymous data (and BTW also non-anonymous data), so that team
member could analyze statistics with own tools. [moray proposed it]

Yesterday I sent a raw db view (but it was chaotic as penta). So now I'm
trying to improve the data: along to raw data, I'll add also some
interpretation of the data (which is different in every DC).

Sponsoring data was handled mostly outside penta. But possibly you need
only the requests, not the results (which heavily depend on budget).

ciao
	cate