Re: [Debconf-team] [Protest] Changes should come from within the team and not from above

also sprach Martín Ferrari <tincho@debian.org> [2015-08-28 14:10 +0200]:
> Finally, you told me personally that you wanted to resign, months
> ago. Since there was nobody else on the team, and nobody
> volunteered to join, we could not replace you, so things stayed
> the same. Why are you suddenly so attached?

You make it sound as if this is a bad thing. Isn't it great that
Marga regained her motivtation to continue working on DebConf?

On IRC, you said earlier today that "there is a very strong opinion
that coordination did not work during this year". Can you please
elaborate? What did not work, and who voiced this "very strong
opinion?"

Whatever it means to lead a coordination team, Marga did a splendid
job. She coordinated our work and the cooperation with other teams.
She covered all of the tasks specified in your wiki team
description. She managed, despite the difficulties arising from the
unclear differentiation between coordination of DebConf and the
local team. Please, ask anyone who was regularly involved, and I am
pretty sure that they'll all chime in. Without Marga, DC15 would not
have happened.

Let's accept that the word "possibly" in Tassia's mail was an
accident and your intention was never to de-seat Marga by way of
a list e-mail. Wouldn't it have been better to let her announce the
changes to her team?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16