Re: [Debconf-team] [Protest] Changes should come from within the team and not from above

On 28/08/15 14:44, Margarita Manterola wrote:

>> Really I check the d-d-a every morning for that.
> This is a very bad symptom of how bad things are in the team right
> now.

There are many factors that contributed to this situation. None of us is
happy about that, but these are the cards we've been dealt.

> This is how your email felt with that *possibly* there. What was the
> intention of the new composition of the coordination team if not to
> give you the decision as to who can and who can't participate?
> What's the possibly for?

We did not intend the team to have a closed membership, we want a
minimum of people there, but the more the merrier!

> I want to have a serious open team discussion that leads to the team
> as a whole (and not the chairs behind close doors) deciding what
> changes we want to implement. Together. As a team.

We prepared a proposal. It was not done behind closed doors, we talked
with many people since the start of this process, I personally spent
dozens and dozens of hours talking with people, including you.

It is just that for preparing a proposal that makes any sense, sometimes
you need to think alone and process what everybody else is saying.
Somebody else can prepare other proposals. This is normal, and yourself
have done so in the past, with less chance of discussion.

> If the team decides that I'm not the best person to lead the
> coordination team, I'm perfectly happy to step aside and let someone
> else do it. If the chairs decide this without even explaining to me
> why, then I'm not going to go away quietly.

There is no coordination team currently, it was never formed, so how can
it decide on a lead? If you read what Cate and Tassia had written, it is
clear that the internal structure will be decided when the team is
formed, which requires the DC16 people that already voiced interest,
plus other orga people that want to join, plus current team members
(basically you), to get together and discuss.

Finally, you told me personally that you wanted to resign, months ago.
Since there was nobody else on the team, and nobody volunteered to join,
we could not replace you, so things stayed the same. Why are you
suddenly so attached?

Last Saturday, when we had a hours long discussion, I told you about the
intention -among many of the other things that were proposed in Tassia's
email- to modify the coord team, and to have DC16 people as an important
part of it. So, how come this is a surprise to you?

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)