Re: [Debconf-team] sponsored attendees and rail prices

On 22/04/13 11:48, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 19. April 2013, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>> I think it's reasonable to simply trust that most people will look for
>> the best deal
> yes.

I don't think that was the point of the original discussion though - can
you explain the nuances of Swiss railway ticketing as concisely as you
can pick random things out of an email?

Looking at www.sbb.ch and trying to see any discount fares from (city in
Germany) to Yverdon-les-Bains for 8 August, I get an error "Bookings are
not yet being taken for your journey.", it seems bookings must be made
in less than 92 days (e.g. early-mid May), so I still believe it will be
helpful to give people useful links and/or guidelines to price and buy
their tickets.