Re: [Debconf-team] sponsored attendees and rail prices

On 23.04.2013 10:12, Daniel Pocock wrote:
Looking at www.sbb.ch and trying to see any discount fares from (city in
Germany) to Yverdon-les-Bains for 8 August, I get an error "Bookings are
not yet being taken for your journey.", it seems bookings must be made
in less than 92 days (e.g. early-mid May), so I still believe it will be
helpful to give people useful links and/or guidelines to price and buy
their tickets.

I don't think the prices will change, so we probably should give more information about ticket types and prices. I particular tickets from the airports.

The international ticket are more difficult to track (a lot more discount, dependent also on age and own rail-cards), but I think people can inform themselves on local rail agencies. And we can trust people. Anyway, comparing the prices, we'll see if someone did an unreasonable request. I think there is less variance (in distance, prices, ticket type) in comparison to flights).

So I think we should focus more on giving information about the travel, trains system (with the final bus trip), and ticket types. Such information should not be limited to sponsored people. I trust sponsored attendee to find the cheapest ticket, but I also think that people doing some vacations in Switzerland, thus buying a pass, will not ask (much) travel sponsorship.

ciao
	cate