Re: [Debconf-team] sponsored attendees and rail prices

Hi,

On Dienstag, 23. April 2013, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> >> I think it's reasonable to simply trust that most people will look for
> >> the best deal
> > yes.
> I don't think that was the point of the original discussion though - can
> you explain the nuances of Swiss railway ticketing as concisely as you
> can pick random things out of an email?

probably not, but thats totally normal (for the average person visiting
DebConf. I'm sure we will have email and Swiss railway experts on board too).

> Looking at www.sbb.ch and trying to see any discount fares from (city in
> Germany) to Yverdon-les-Bains for 8 August, I get an error "Bookings are
> not yet being taken for your journey.", it seems bookings must be made
> in less than 92 days (e.g. early-mid May), so I still believe it will be
> helpful to give people useful links and/or guidelines to price and buy
> their tickets.

Yes, of course it's useful to give good advice.

My point was, that neither we nor the attendees have to proof that they'll
find the absolute best price, finding a reasonable good price is good enough
here.
(And then there are also more dimensions to "good price" than just the
pricetag and soon we leave the subject again and enter different areas where
we dont have to be to organize or attend this conf.)

cheers,
	Holger