Re: [Debconf-team] sponsored attendees and rail prices

Hi Daniel,

> Looking at www.sbb.ch and trying to see any discount fares from (city in
> Germany) to Yverdon-les-Bains for 8 August, I get an error "Bookings are
> not yet being taken for your journey.", it seems bookings must be made
> in less than 92 days (e.g. early-mid May), so I still believe it will be
> helpful to give people useful links and/or guidelines to price and buy
> their tickets.

Yes, this is correct. You can only book 3 months ahead.
The prices seem to be the similar on sbb.ch
(Stuttgart-Yverdons-les-Bains, no BahnCard or HalbTax, 39EUR/48CHF)
But you should also compare with bahn.de.

I think some links and/or guidelines are helpful as it's not always
easy to find the best fares.

Philipp