Re: [Debconf-team] [Debian-portland-soc] [DC14] Portland team: historical cost comparison

On 03/19/2013 10:19 AM, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Right - the price should be lower, but in terms of availability of outside
> food (and therefore the frequency with which people choose to eat outside
> the conference), New York and Edinburgh are probably good models for what
> we'll find.  Banja Luka may as well, since the conference was fairly central
> in the city with a number of restaurants around.

Ah, got it. So, in terms of projecting head-counts for the cafeteria,
numbers from those past DebConfs will provide the most accurate
approximation. If, say, 40% of attendees skipped the conference-provided
dinner in those cities, then we can build that same percentage into our
projections with a fair degree of confidence. Sounds good.

Allison