[Debconf-team] [DC14] Portland team: historical cost comparison

I've run a more detailed cost comparison for the Portland bid,
projecting for 200 attendees and 350 attendees separately, so it's
easier to see the base costs, and also incorporating some changes from
the discussion feedback. See the attached ODS file. (The cost per
attendee seems radically lower than previous years, but these are base
costs, and don't include incidentals like printing signs/badges and
t-shirts, video equipment shipping, or optional costs like travel
sponsorships.)

The "Comparison" tab is using the 4-day figures from the "Rooms" and
"Food" tabs. This is based on a projection of sessions Mon-Tue and
Thu-Fri, with the Day Trip on Wednesday. But, in previous years DebConf
has run sessions Mon-Tue and Thu-Sat, that is, 5 total days of sessions.
So, the 5-day projections are included on the "Rooms" and "Food" tabs.

The actual food reservations will be made much closer to the event,
based on counts of registered attendees, so these are just broad estimates.

In general, if confidence is high that DebConf14 will have attendance of
at least 250-300, then we recommend including the larger Ballroom in the
initial venue reservation. These projections are using a full-day price
for the large Ballroom, rather than specific hours for opening/closing
plenaries, so the actual venue rental total is likely to be a bit
cheaper. (The Ballroom is preferable to Hoffman Hall, because it's in
the same building as the smaller session rooms and hacklabs.)

We're figuring the decision about whether to run DebCamp will be made
later, after sponsorships start to come in. We've talked a bit about
alternatives that could provide hacking time at a lower cost than the
traditional two-week schedule (all with DayTrip on Wed):

* Two full days of DebCamp on Sunday before and Saturday after DebConf

* Combine DebCamp/DebConf to run simultaneously Saturday-Saturday

* DebCamp on the two Saturdays, and DebCamp/DebConf combo on Sun-Fri

At the moment, we're guessing that DebConf14 won't have a Debian Day,
but again, figure the wider DebConf team will make that decision
partially based on sponsorships.

HTH,
Allison