Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship allocation team & request (Question to penta admins)

On 11728 March 1977, Ana Guerrero wrote:

> All those fields rated from 1 to 5 right? How about:

Yes.

> Contributor:
> 1 - Seldomly
> 2 - Regular
> 3 - Active
> 4 - Very Active / Orga team

> 5 - Extra point for people organizing events/Talks/BOFs at debconf.

> Members are supposed to

> Requested amount:
> 1 Too much
> 2 A bit over fair
> 3 Fair
> 4 Between fair and travel help.
> 5 Just asking for some travel help (something like 30 % of the total?)

Thats simply a definition for the people using it, so whatever fits will
do.

>> Adding new text fields to the interface isnt all that hard. We have done
>> it a lot of times already, in fact we do have our own schema within the
>> database just for this stuff.
>> The only question is - at this point in time, do we get people to fill
>> out those fields before the meeting? With DebConf not being that far
>> away, we cant afford long delays anymore.

> I think we should add the field, mail all people who asked travel sponsorship
> and ask them to fill the field and in any case, do not make this compulsory
> for getting sponsorship.  I expect most the people file it and I volunteer
> to work on this and mail and prod nicely people who does not do this in 48h.
> I do not think we are asking too much here.

I just added the field. It is on the "Travel" tab, as a textarea labeled
"What are you doing for Debian? Why do you request sponsorship?"

Now, if someone could prepare a mail text, I can provide the mail
addresses (or directly send the mail) of all people asking for money, to
be send Thur evening.

--
bye, Joerg
Some AM to his NM on [11 Aug. 2004]: