Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship allocation team & request (Question to penta admins)

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:20:09PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> This is doable, but yes, needs a little hacking.
> We do have per-people ratings, but currently they are only 2 fields made
> up entirely for speaker quality. (and one field called "Remarks")
>
> Of course there is no reason why we cant just rename the two fields to
> mean something different. And if we can go with just those two fields
> there arent any code changes to be done, just a translation string update.
>
> > a) is it possible doing what is mentioned above thru penta?
>
> See above. If we can limit ourselfs to two fields - *easy*. Just tell me
> how to name them. If we would need more - needs work.

All those fields rated from 1 to 5 right? How about:

Contributor:
1 - Seldomly
2 - Regular
3 - Active
4 - Very Active / Orga team

5 - Extra point for people organizing events/Talks/BOFs at debconf.

Members are supposed to

Requested amount:
1 Too much
2 A bit over fair
3 Fair
4 Between fair and travel help.
5 Just asking for some travel help (something like 30 % of the total?)

For this field, committee members can use as guide what they think it is
"usual" for travelling from every country and rate everybody following their
criteria.

Rewording welcome.

> > b) is it possible at least adding the "what do you do in debian? and
> > why you request sponsorship? (*) field? that i mentioned in the first
> > email?  Then we just mail all the people and ask them to file those
> > fields.
>
> Adding new text fields to the interface isnt all that hard. We have done
> it a lot of times already, in fact we do have our own schema within the
> database just for this stuff.
> The only question is - at this point in time, do we get people to fill
> out those fields before the meeting? With DebConf not being that far
> away, we cant afford long delays anymore.

I think we should add the field, mail all people who asked travel sponsorship
and ask them to fill the field and in any case, do not make this compulsory
for getting sponsorship.  I expect most the people file it and I volunteer
to work on this and mail and prod nicely people who does not do this in 48h.
I do not think we are asking too much here.

This is far from perfect, but I think it is better that last year. This is a
tricky and too much subjective issue.

Ana