Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship allocation team & request (Question to penta admins)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 09:48:02AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Second, Tincho suggested having the process a bit similar to the papers
> > process. Committee process people in penta using the voting system and then
> > have a meeting to talk about the results. Last year, he had two meetings, and
> > some people did not have enough time and look on the debian's involvement of
> > the people in the list.
> > I am afraid this needs some penta hacking :-(
>
> If it's not done through Penta, we can still ask people to have their
> numbers ready before the meeting, and to not rate "I know / I don't
> know this person" but to actually do the work of looking them up and
> find out what they do for Debian.

Indeed, it is better in penta but it does not need to be done thru penta.
For sure it needs to be done in *advance* to the meeting with everybody in the
commitee having the information at least 5 days or so before the meeting.

So, 2 question for the penta hackers:
a) is it possible doing what is mentioned above thru penta?
b) is it possible at least adding the "what do you do in debian? and why you
request sponsorship? (*) field? that i mentioned in the first email?
Then we just mail all the people and ask them to file those fields.

Ana

(*) better wording welcome!