Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship allocation team & request (Question to penta admins)

On 11721 March 1977, Ana Guerrero wrote:

>> > process. Committee process people in penta using the voting system and then
>> > have a meeting to talk about the results. Last year, he had two meetings, and
>> > some people did not have enough time and look on the debian's involvement of
>> > the people in the list.
>> > I am afraid this needs some penta hacking :-(

This is doable, but yes, needs a little hacking.
We do have per-people ratings, but currently they are only 2 fields made
up entirely for speaker quality. (and one field called "Remarks")

Of course there is no reason why we cant just rename the two fields to
mean something different. And if we can go with just those two fields
there arent any code changes to be done, just a translation string update.

> a) is it possible doing what is mentioned above thru penta?

See above. If we can limit ourselfs to two fields - *easy*. Just tell me
how to name them. If we would need more - needs work.

> b) is it possible at least adding the "what do you do in debian? and
> why you request sponsorship? (*) field? that i mentioned in the first
> email?  Then we just mail all the people and ask them to file those
> fields.

Adding new text fields to the interface isnt all that hard. We have done
it a lot of times already, in fact we do have our own schema within the
database just for this stuff.
The only question is - at this point in time, do we get people to fill
out those fields before the meeting? With DebConf not being that far
away, we cant afford long delays anymore.

--
bye, Joerg
<Sahneschnitter> Aquariophile: welches debian/ welche xfree version?