Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf & accessability [Re: DebConf: D-I Workshops and a D-I talk to explain and motivate?]

Hi all,

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 07:10:24PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Ana Guerrero dijo [Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 04:48:22PM +0200]:
> > (...)
> > >
> > > Agreed.
> >
> > Ask for a hotel with adapted rooms to the extremadura people.
> > Somebody suggested in the wiki "the student place has one room designed for
> > handicapped people", i would not get my hopes on this...
>
> Note that this does not only mean "a hotel room on the ground floor"
> as many would expect to think.

Of course not... I think that is the concept of accesibility most of people
had here like 20 years ago :) The concepts have changed deeply, thankfully.

To the important stuff:
I have found a website specialized in accesibility for people with wheelchair
[1] with a listing the hotels/hostals/houses/ in different towns of spain.
They have done some research and they complete with the information with
feedback from their readers.

The listing for Cáceres includes several places [2], but the only important
ones for us are the mentioned under "HOTELES CAPITAL" and "OTROS".
I think the most interesting one is the "RESIDENCIA COCEMFE" [3]. COCEMFE means
"Confederacion Española de Personas con discpacidad Física y Orgánica",
apparently they have several "residencias" accross spain that are ready
totally accesibility ready.

So Otavio and other people with accessbility issues if you complete the list

> - No bumps, even small, are required to move inside the room
>   (i.e. small bumps for entering the bath are common to keep water
>   from flowing out)
> - Doors should be wide. I'd say about 80cm at least.
> - There must be space for maneuvering, both in the room itself and at
>   the bath

plus the points we have in the wiki. I can call of all the and I will ask
for all the points and availability in july.

Ana

[1] http://www.minusval2000.com/ocio/index.html It belongs to a network that
includes websites of asociation and companies providing services anf
information about accesibility of all kind, FWIW.

[2] http://www.minusval2000.com/ocio/extremadura/caceres/hoteles.html

[3] http://www.cocemfecaceres.org/residencia/acercade.htm (This is not a
students residence, it is a "polivalente" residence, that i have not idea how
to translate...