Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf & accessability [Re: DebConf: D-I Workshops and a D-I talk to explain and motivate?]

> > * Transportation to Cáceres
> > I see 2 options:
> >  - Plane direct to Badajoz then rented car to Cáceres. This needs change plane
> >   in Madrid and then get in the car from the airport (Badajoz) to Cáceres for
> >   about 1h or so. Also, the plane from Madrid to Badajoz might be very expensive.
> >
> >  - Plane to Madrid, then rented car straigh to Cáceres. ~4h trip.
>
> The car straigh to Caceres looks the most logical thing since it is
> required in both
> options and is cheaper for the team. No problem for me with that.
>
> It could be coordianted to other people to go to Caceres with me at same time
> to reduce the general cost of it.

Ok, then a car needs to be rented for both ways.

> > * Lodging in Cáceres
> > We need to get an hotel with adapted rooms.
>
> Agreed.

Ask for a hotel with adapted rooms to the extremadura people.
Somebody suggested in the wiki "the student place has one room designed for
handicapped people", i would not get my hopes on this...

> > * Venue
> > is it a building with ramps, elevators? are the doors wide enough so otavio
> > can move freely? How wide is the chair?
>

> Usually wheelchairs has 65cm of width and 120cm long; scooters are a bit
> bigger. 75cm of width and 145cm long.

Ok.

> > * Transportation inside Cáceres.
> > If the venue is far from the hotel, a car is needed. Also for the lunch if it
> > is not close to the venue.

Somebody added in the wiki: "Lunch will be inside the main accomodation which
is 500m from the venue.". This 500m can be done very easily in wheelchair.. or
not. And it is not nice to be at sun for long in the time we'll have lunch.
So need to ask abotu details here.

> > * Day trip
> > AFAIK there is not plans yet made for the daytrip...
>
> So this is really a good time to plan in advance it to avoid the boring
> aspect of it needing to be discussed (we unfortunately had this situation
> in Mexico and it was really sad for all involved parts).

I am afraid we will not be able to solve this point until closer to debconf or
maybe even the week before debconf.

> > I guess the critical part is the venue.
> > Otavio, I am forgetting something? Please file/add information where needed.
>
> I guess most of points are covered by those questions. I gave the information
> required but I'm always open for any other question to help to solve
> those things.

Ok, i am updating the wikipage with this under "Accessibility for people using
wheelchairs". Feel free to add more details, points to check, or stuff that
needs to be done.
If there is another issue about accessibility, please let's discuss it on the
list to see how to overcome it.

Ana