Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf & accessability [Re: DebConf: D-I Workshops and a D-I talk to explain and motivate?]

Ana Guerrero dijo [Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 04:48:22PM +0200]:
> (...)
> > > * Lodging in Cáceres
> > > We need to get an hotel with adapted rooms.
> >
> > Agreed.
>
> Ask for a hotel with adapted rooms to the extremadura people.
> Somebody suggested in the wiki "the student place has one room designed for
> handicapped people", i would not get my hopes on this...

Note that this does not only mean "a hotel room on the ground floor"
as many would expect to think. Off the top of my head, I recall:

- No bumps, even small, are required to move inside the room
  (i.e. small bumps for entering the bath are common to keep water
  from flowing out)
- Doors should be wide. I'd say about 80cm at least.
- There must be space for maneuvering, both in the room itself and at
  the bath

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23