Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf & accessability [Re: DebConf: D-I Workshops and a D-I talk to explain and motivate?]

Hello Ana,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Otavio and all,
>

>> > I'd be interested in both but I STILL haven't hear from debconf-team about
>> > the accessibility; I fear to have same problems that made me to not being
>> > able to go to Argentina :(
>> >

> Let's try to divide this in parts to see what we need to ask to the
> extremadura people.
>
> * Transportation to Cáceres
> I see 2 options:
>  - Plane direct to Badajoz then rented car to Cáceres. This needs change plane
>   in Madrid and then get in the car from the airport (Badajoz) to Cáceres for
>   about 1h or so. Also, the plane from Madrid to Badajoz might be very expensive.
>
>  - Plane to Madrid, then rented car straigh to Cáceres. ~4h trip.

The car straigh to Caceres looks the most logical thing since it is
required in both
options and is cheaper for the team. No problem for me with that.

It could be coordianted to other people to go to Caceres with me at same time
to reduce the general cost of it.

> * Lodging in Cáceres
> We need to get an hotel with adapted rooms.

Agreed.

> * Venue
> is it a building with ramps, elevators? are the doors wide enough so otavio
> can move freely? How wide is the chair?

Wasn't it considered when choosing the venue?

Let's please avoid taking it for _me_ but for any handicapped people. As far
as I know there were other handicapped people in Argentina so we need to
consider it as a real need.

Usually wheelchairs has 65cm of width and 120cm long; scooters are a bit
bigger. 75cm of width and 145cm long.

> * Transportation inside Cáceres.
> If the venue is far from the hotel, a car is needed. Also for the lunch if it
> is not close to the venue.

I wasn't involved at the organization so I have no information about the
venue itself; it would be nice to avoid the car requirement since it would
make any people requiring to stay on this hotel being excluded of a lot
of activities of Debconf.

> * Day trip
> AFAIK there is not plans yet made for the daytrip...

So this is really a good time to plan in advance it to avoid the boring
aspect of it needing to be discussed (we unfortunately had this situation
in Mexico and it was really sad for all involved parts).

> I guess the critical part is the venue.
> Otavio, I am forgetting something? Please file/add information where needed.

I guess most of points are covered by those questions. I gave the information
required but I'm always open for any other question to help to solve
those things.

Cheers,

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br