Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf & accessability [Re: DebConf: D-I Workshops and a D-I talk to explain and motivate?]

Hi,

On Montag, 13. April 2009, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > > I'd be interested in both but I STILL haven't hear from debconf-team
> > > about the accessibility;

I think we gave some status after visiting the venue last year in December -
or maybe I remember that wrong and we just send mail to the list, but not to
you. (Otavio).

> I guess the critical part is the venue.
> Otavio, I am forgetting something? Please file/add information where
> needed.

I've just created http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Accessibility to
better track this.

Please note, that the DebConf9 team is severily short on (wo)menpower, so
merely complaining (or helpfully pointing out) doesnt help at all. When we
dont have network (as an example) we will first spend our resources on this.
If vegan food or accessibility or daytrip or funky t-shirts is important to
you, _please_ get involved. Thanks. (*)

To summarize and to repeat: dc9 will happen and will be fine, but preparation
is not going well. We are especially short on people in Spain, communicating
with the local team.

One thing to be done (by locals) is for example to get those numbers from the
venue janitor (by phone) about how wide exactly all those doors and elevators
are. We took pics and added shoe+mobile-phones for scale - but real numbers
are way better.

regards,
	Holger

(*) And no, I'm not saying that accessibility is a funky t-shirt. If you want
to put that in my mouth, well, I'll spare the others my comment on that.