Re: [Debconf-team] On Bosnian entry visas for South and Central Americas EXCLUDING Argentinians!

David Moreno Garza dijo [Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 11:48:03PM -0500]:
> Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Well, if "on the fly" doesnt mean "in the plane" this still means
> > inconvenience and also more costs, as people would need to fly to that city,
> > leave the airport, go to the Foreign Office, probably wait there, hopefully
> > get the VISA, get back to the airport, (hopefully catch the booked flight),
> > fly to Sarajevo :-(
>
> That's exactly my concern. People needing visa to come to Mexico (Gunnar
> or Gaby could give more information about this), at least was
> process-treated locally and nobody left the country with the uncertainty
> or being allowed to enter Mexico or not (I can think on Rudy, who were
> almost all DebConf dealing with his visa and finally couldn't make it,
> but at least he was at his place and no huge amounts of money were
> wasted on getting a visa "on the fly").

Yes. Being the so called "Intelligent Border" of the USA sucks. Big
time. Visas and uncertainty were a single item this time :-/ The
single red big point that really makes me angry in the whole
experience :-(

Safir: Please get the information on how we should get the visas, how
reliable is the visa expedition process, how hard would it be to get
the visa issued or sent to us somehow without a personal interview,
etc.

From my experience (as a traveller), I've been requested a visa to
enter Egypt (obtained in a couple of hours at the border), Cuba
(received through the travel agency) and the USA (long process, not
too different to what you were subject of when entering Mexico - But
hey, at least in my case the visa is valid for 10 years - And I don't
plan on ever using it again ;-) )

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23