Re: [Debconf-team] english is spoken elsewhere than just .uk/.us, and spanish is not .mx only as well

El Thu, 09-02-2006 a las 17:15 +0100, Amaya escribió:
> We are geeks, I suggest using a geeky solution: let's use the LOCALE
> values for the languages. Something like LANG=es and LANG=en. That
> should satisfy all.

I just tried that in the website half an hour ago.. looks cool in your
mail but not so cool on the website.  So I went for getting rid of the
flags and pointing to the english pages from the spanish pages via
a simple link and viceversa.

I still need to fight with that evil perl framework to get it to point
to the same page but in the other $lang based on $ENV{'SCRIPT_NAME'} ;)

BTW, would it be beneficial to switch to UTF-8 as the default encoding
in the web server? Any drawbacks?

IMHO, it would help with the tooltips and would cover us spanish
translators if we miss replacing some spanish character with
the required HTML entity.

Antonio.