Re: [Debconf-team] english is spoken elsewhere than just .uk/.us, and spanish is not .mx only as well

Hi there!

My taste is not hurt or anything, but... I tend to agree.

h01ger wrote:
> <moray> stockholm: sigh; flags do not represent languages, but states;
> using a flag to represent a language can cause offense to, among
> others, people from that state who speak other languages, and to
> people who speak that language but belong to other states

In Spain there are several official languages, none of the speakers
identify themselves with the Spanish flag, not to speak of South
American Spanish/Castilian speakers, which all speak "the same language"
(sort of) and have so many different flags.

We are geeks, I suggest using a geeky solution: let's use the LOCALE
values for the languages. Something like LANG=es and LANG=en. That
should satisfy all.

Thank you for addressing this issue.

--
 .''`.   I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think
: :' :   I have ended up where I needed to be   -- Douglas Adams