Re: xserver-xfree86 4.0.2-1 and S3 ViRGE/MX problems

Robert Norris wrote:

> > Great!  What kind of console are you running?  Is it a text or graphical
> > console (vesafb or other)?
>
> vesafb mostly, but I've been running all the tests in both, just to see
> if it makes a difference. It hasn't.
>
> > Option "pci_burst"
> >
> > Does that help?
>
> No change.
>
> > I've also put up another test version at
> > http://www.user1.netcarrier.com/~kbrosius/virge.html.  Try it without
> > the pci_burst option if you still have trouble.  Let me know if anything
> > changes.
>
> No change, with and without pci_burst. I've put the logfile from this
> run up at http://nauseum.org/x4-virge/ , though nothing in it really
> stood out as being different.
>
> > If that doesn't help I'll have to dig a little deeper.
>
> That'd be great .. let me know what you come up with.
>
> Regards,
> Rob.

Okay, that rules out a couple obvious possibilities.  I've put up a
purely test version on my page (ver 1.6.2) which does incremental
startup, pausing for a couple seconds at various points in the init.
sequence.  Would you give it a try and post or mail me the log?  Wait
about 30 seconds before killing the machine if it appears to lock,
that's how long it takes to start with the added delays on my machine.

Thanks again,
Kevin