Re: xserver-xfree86 4.0.2-1 and S3 ViRGE/MX problems

Robert Norris wrote:

> I appreciate your efforts on this. If can help in any way (logfiles,
> test programs, whatever) please let me know - I'm happy to try anything.
>
> Regards,
> Rob.

Great!  What kind of console are you running?  Is it a text or graphical
console (vesafb or other)?

In your driver section, try adding:

Option "pci_burst"

Does that help?

I've also put up another test version at
http://www.user1.netcarrier.com/~kbrosius/virge.html.  Try it without
the pci_burst option if you still have trouble.  Let me know if anything
changes.

If that doesn't help I'll have to dig a little deeper.

--
Kevin