Re: FONT PROBLEMS! XF4-phase1 debs, v8 -> v11, mga, 16 bpp

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 10:58:02AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> not sure about this, but i got a mail response from the xfree-devel list
> saying that the kernel modules in :
>
>  xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm/kernel
>
> should be more recent than the kernel modules in the kernel release.

I think the direct rendering modules are pulled from a SourceForge project.

> That said, i looked at the gamma dri module in both 4.0.1 and kernel
> 2.4.0-test5, and it seemed to me that the linux kernel module was somewhat
> more recent, not sure though.

I think both XFree86 and the Linux kernel guys pull from SourceForge CVS
periodically.

> Anyway, it was developped by VA folk i think.

Precision Insight (et al), I heard.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |      If you make people think they're
Debian GNU/Linux                |      thinking, they'll love you;