Re: Security page APT line

-=| Boyuan Yang, 15.01.2023 21:06:33 -0500 |=-
> Hi all,
>
> 在 2023-01-14星期六的 18:35 +0200,Damyan Ivanov写道:
> > -=| Jeff Cutsinger, 14.01.2023 09:41:14 -0600 |=-

> > But this is already achieved by wrapping the text in a <pre> tag, so
> > using &nbsp; shouldn't be necessary.
> >
> > Just to make sure, I tried (via Developer console) and replaced the
> > &nbsp; instances with plain spaces and the text is still rendered on
> > one line in a narrow browser window.
> >
> > I can reproduce the problem via copy&paste in
> > Firefox/gnome-terminal/GNOME/Wayland (all from unstable) - with &nbsp;
> > the pasted text contains Unicode characters instead of plain spaces.
> >
> > Since I happen to have commit access, is there any reason not make the
> > change (assuming I can handle the magic of not marking translations as
> > outdated)?
> >
> > Some translations use <code> instead of <pre>, and that allows the
> > browser to wrap the text, but this looks like another easy fix.
>
> Thanks for the analysis and steps to reproduce. It is quite weird that I
> cannot reproduce the unicode non-breaking space issue; on my Debian Unstable
> machine, copying from Firefox 102.6.0 ESR on that page seems to always gets
> 0x20 as space (probably I am missing something).

(My test was with non-ESR firefox; now tried with firefox-esr and the
pasted text contains only plain spaces indeed)

> But yes, it should be okay to avoid &nbsp; in HTML source code given
> the <pre> tag. Please go ahead with the change and commit, and we
> can check the rendered results then.

Done.

Local web site build shows a slight vertical white space change in
out-of-date translations around the changed line, but it still looks
fine to me.

I opted to remove the <p>, which also brings it a bit closer to the
original html).

-- Damyan