Re: Security page APT line

Hi all,

在 2023-01-14星期六的 18:35 +0200,Damyan Ivanov写道:
> -=| Jeff Cutsinger, 14.01.2023 09:41:14 -0600 |=-
> > On 11 Jan 2023 2:19 PM, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> >
> > > This is somehow an interesting case. The use of   is semantically
> > > correct since these spaces are indeed non-breaking to form a single
> > > APT
> > > line.
>
> But this is already achieved by wrapping the text in a <pre> tag, so
> using &nbsp; shouldn't be necessary.
>
> Just to make sure, I tried (via Developer console) and replaced the
> &nbsp; instances with plain spaces and the text is still rendered on
> one line in a narrow browser window.
>
> I can reproduce the problem via copy&paste in
> Firefox/gnome-terminal/GNOME/Wayland (all from unstable) - with &nbsp;
> the pasted text contains Unicode characters instead of plain spaces.
>
> Since I happen to have commit access, is there any reason not make the
> change (assuming I can handle the magic of not marking translations as
> outdated)?
>
> Some translations use <code> instead of <pre>, and that allows the
> browser to wrap the text, but this looks like another easy fix.

Thanks for the analysis and steps to reproduce. It is quite weird that I
cannot reproduce the unicode non-breaking space issue; on my Debian Unstable
machine, copying from Firefox 102.6.0 ESR on that page seems to always gets
0x20 as space (probably I am missing something). But yes, it should be okay
to avoid &nbsp; in HTML source code given the <pre> tag. Please go ahead
with the change and commit, and we can check the rendered results then.

Best,
Boyua nYang