Re: Security page APT line

Hi,

在 2023-01-08星期日的 06:54 -0600,Jeff Cutsinger写道:
> Apologies if this is the wrong place to report this.
>
> On the page https://www.debian.org/security/, ; the APT sources.list code
> is incorrect. Instead of
>
> `deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-
> security main contrib non-free`
>
> it should be
>
> `deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
> contrib non-free`
>
> If you're having difficulty telling the difference between these two,
> maybe it'll make sense if you see the HTML:
>
> `deb
> http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security mai
> n contrib non-free`
>
> Actually I lied, there's no actual difference between the lines in this
> e-mail, because my editor autocorrects the whitespace. However, copying
> and pasting the line from the web page into a sources.list file results in
>
> `E: Malformed line X in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (type)`
>
> even though the line looks identical to the correct one.

This is somehow an interesting case. The use of   is semantically
correct since these spaces are indeed non-breaking to form a single APT
line. However, if you copy and paste using web browsers, you will definitely
not get anything like " " because the browser will escape them in
advance. The only case that comes in my mind is that you are only reading
the webpage source code through plain text reader, which is not easy to
accommodate.

If you are indeed using any reasonably-modern web browser when copy-pasting
this APT line and still gets the " ", please let us know. Ideally a
step-by-step instruction on reproducing the issue would be great.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang