Re: Switching from CVS to something else

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> Am Montag, den 20.08.2007, 22:13 +0200 schrieb Jens Seidel:
> > On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 05:10:27PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > > None of this features is used or needed AFAIK for the WWW repository. Losing
> > > all the CVS history and having to update all the tools for no real gain seems
> >
> > The history will *not* be lost! cvs2svn keeps it.
>
>  All of it?  Like, e.g. including who committed things?  Will that be
> seen in svn annotade then?  Or are you only talking about the log
> messages, and propably timestamps, too?

I would consider any "solution" that throws away the current
history in parts or in total totally broken and unacceptable.
I would expect the svn log to look similar to the current cvs
log (modulo svn/cvs differences, of course.)

Regards,

	Joey

--
WARNING: Do not execute!  This call violates patent DE10108564.
http://www.elug.de/projekte/patent-party/patente/DE10108564

wget -O patinfo-`date +"%Y%m%d"`.html http://patinfo.ffii.org/