Re: Switching from CVS to something else

Raphael Hertzog:

> This gives you much more flexibility:
> - you can use any VCS of your choice (subversion is the most popular and the
>   simplest to switch to for CVS users)

If we should switch, it should be something different. Subversion is
more or less just CVS under a different name.

> - you can have control on the members of your team without the need
>   to ask DSA to add or remove someone

That's a good thing, though.

> I know changing the VCS repository will require some work in the
> build and translation infrastructure, but I think we can do that
> smoothly nevertheless.

If we just move the CVS repository, we just need to do a new checkout
(or at least hack a script to change the settings).

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/