Re: Switching from CVS to something else

Hi MJ!

You wrote:

> > This was talked about in
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2007/04/msg00150.html; it seemed to
> > me that the consensus was SVN, but whatever way we decide to go,
> > someone needs to fix the tools to do it before switching becomes a
> > viable option.
>
> Four replies, two of which suggest remaining with CVS... doesn't look
> like the consensus was SVN, unless you squint very very hard.

Indeed.  Moreover, the only advantage of svn seems to be that to an
end-user, it looks very similar as cvs.
If we are going to migrate away from cvs anyway (which seems to be
necessary as the cvs.debian.org admins would like to get rid of it), I'd
say we should move to a vcs that actually adds some functionality.
I was planning to make a wiki page to evaluate the different systems for
our purposes, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

| Bas Zoetekouw      | Sweet day, so cool, so calm, so bright, |
|--------------------| The bridall of the earth and skie:      |
| bas@zoetekouw.net  | The dew shall weep thy fall tonight;    |
+--------------------|                    For thou must die.   |