Re: shebuntu debian project

Thanks for your kind words :D

2009/9/30 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla@gmail.com>
Il giorno mer, 30/09/2009 alle 10.47 +0100, Lesley Binks ha scritto:
> 2009/9/30 Rayna <rayna.st@gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm new to Debian-women, that's my first posting on the list ;o)

> <snip>
>
> +1 on that Rayna. Welcome to the group :)

let me join to welcome you to the group ;)

> Here's a review of the Snow White story for those now wanting to
> consider fairy tales in a new light
> http://www.endicott-studio.com/rdrm/forsga.html

Many thanks for the link. I'd like to recommend a book about this
subject, from Clarissa Pinkola Estés:
Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman
Archetype, (Ballantine 1992/ 1996)

These are very interesting, thanks. I've read a book (in french...) analysing the Inquisition towards witches as a sexocide. In other words, after publishing a book called Malleus Maleficarum the Inquisition guys were killing women because the latter were supposed to be in communion with Satan. In fact, that treatement revealed the image of the woman at that periode: symbol of sexual frenesy, heretism and madness. The christian religion associated the woman to a malefic position in order to avoid the important role of the gender in the pre-christianic societies. That implied that between 70 and 80% of the burnt people were women... Similarly to Eve in the Bible, the woman is supposed to be responsible for denaturating the mankind.
Ok, that summary is quite far from the initial subjet. Sorry... :/

have a good day,
Anne

> Regards
> Lesley

Have a good day, too

Rayna
--
"Change l'ordre du monde plutôt que tes désirs."

PhD Student
"Molecular Evolution and Bioinformatics"
Ludwig-Maximilians University (LMU) of Munich
Biozentrum
Grosshaderner Str. 2
82152 Planegg-Martinsried
Germany

What happens when you've worked too long in the lab :
*You wonder what absolute alcohol tastes like with orange juice.
*Warning labels invoke curiosity rather than caution.
*The Christmas nightout reveals scientists can't dance, although a formula for the movement of hands and feet combined with beats per min is found scrawled on a napkin by a waiter the next day.
*When you have twins, you call one of them John and the other - Control.