Re: shebuntu debian project

I'm an italian girl and a computer science  master student.
I'd like to enlight (even if against my own interest) the Ivan's nationality. You other human beings should comprehend him: he sees half-naked or bitch-weared women/girls/"female children" not only on television but also walking around the streets. and the hypothesis of women being not as able as men in "some fields" (quite everything with the except of 'sexual toys') is so tough that it's become a convinction.
This is why I dream to get out of this medieval country as soon as possible (and in the meantime I'm trying to organize something more even if, believe me, it's quite impossible to change anything here)

Thanks
myriam

P.S.
you can get an idea on what I'm talking about by watching a great documentary at http://www.ilcorpodelledonne.net/?page_id=91  (if the recent "POLITICAL" news are not enough... -.- )

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Lesley Binks <lesley.binks@googlemail.com> wrote:
2009/9/29 Harry Rickards <hrickards@l33tmyst.com>:

> On 29/09/09 16:25, Ivan Serra wrote:
>> Hi Ana
>> thanks for your message
>> I respect your opinion my apologies for my email I thought it was a good
>> idea
>> Regards
>> Ivan
>>
>> Ana Guerrero ha scritto:

>>> Let's see if you understand it with a little example:
>>>
>>> Imagine instead of being married and living with your wife, you live
>>> with your
>>> brother. And he does not like ubuntu and you want him to use it. Would
>>> you have made brubuntu - the awesome distro for the bro's? No, you
>>> would have try to find out why your brother does not like ubuntu,
>>> what he is missing from his former OS and see how to fix it:
>>> - if he wants cool wallpapers you teach him how to change it
>>> - if he wants an app to do X, you look for an equivalent app and ask
>>> it to get
>>>   packaged in your distro.
>>> - and also, you teach him how to use the new system...
>>> Why you do not do the same with your wife?
>>> Do you see where you mistake is?
>>>
>>> Further reading to understand the root of this problem and how to help to
>>> fix it:
>>> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/
>>>

>>> Ana
>
> Try not to take the criticism too personally. I agree with the others,
> but I think it could maybe turn out into an interesting idea if lots of
> women get involved e.g, maybe some of the default themes in Ubuntu don't
> appeal to women, and this project could make a remix of Ubuntu with
> default themes that appeal to women. Maybe men wouldn't accept some of
> these themes in Ubuntu.

Every time I see one of these stupid threads I think
"I so really really must get round to making that animated sign, the
one that says

Do Not Feed the Trolls

Maybe with some tumbleweed ermmm ... tumbling by?"

But there you go.  I'll get roundtuit one day.
I can't help wondering if the OP is a friend of that other Italian
idiot - the one at the python conference this year?  Now was it python
or was it php .. I can't recall.  Does it matter? Not really.
If you don't feed 'em they starve so can we please stop pretending the
OP was anywhere near sane or serious and get on with something more
interesting?

Regards

L.