Re: shebuntu debian project

Hi Ana
thanks for your message
I respect your opinion my apologies for my email I thought it was a good idea
Regards
Ivan

Ana Guerrero ha scritto:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 03:05:59PM +0200, Ivan Serra wrote:
Hi Ana
thanks for your email why are you speechless?
I'm just talking about that here:

my apologies for my english

Let's see if you understand it with a little example:

Imagine instead of being married and living with your wife, you live with your
brother. And he does not like ubuntu and you want him to use it. Would you have made brubuntu - the awesome distro for the bro's? No, you would have try to find out why your brother does not like ubuntu,
what he is missing from his former OS and see how to fix it:
- if he wants cool wallpapers you teach him how to change it
- if he wants an app to do X, you look for an equivalent app and ask it to get
  packaged in your distro.
- and also, you teach him how to use the new system...
Why you do not do the same with your wife?
Do you see where you mistake is?

Further reading to understand the root of this problem and how to help to
fix it:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/

Ana