Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

Hello everybody,

this is my first post here, I have been a passive reader for quite a while though (i'm not a developer, only a user).

I find womens only tech events interesting and enriching. But I thought the idea of organizing a tech meeting with only female speakers (but mixed public) without making a big fuzz about that fact very very interesting. It could be an experiment worth trying. Like trying out how it can be when women in free software development are not an exception any more.

About feeling excluded, here http://www.genderchangers.org/faq.html is an answer to the question "why women only" I really like and that may help Jordi and others to understand.
"why women only?
Imagine you are alone and travelling in a country where you don't know the language and cultural intricacies. Do you remember how it felt when you bumped into someone just like yourself? One of our goals is to get more women involved in technology. The issue here is inclusion not exculsion."

nice greetings
ag