Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

Il giorno mar, 25/08/2009 alle 16.20 +0200, Ana Guerrero ha scritto:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:52:21PM -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermos wrote:
> > 2009/8/24 Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>:
> > > Why? It's not obvious to me. I think not having any men there would attract
> > > some women who would otherwise not joiin.
> >
> > So...
> >
> > Could Caster Semenya go to the event or not? ;-)
> >

> I fail to see who is this funny or on-topic?
> Keep such "jokes" out of here.

my 2 cents: I agree with Ana. These jokes are hard to understand
properly on written communication. So I can't get if it is just an
innocent joke or, as it is so common among men who fear women raise of
awareness (but can't understand why), a way to reduce importance of what
women do and think by laughing at them.

best regards to all,
Anne