Re: Thinking about organizing a special women-oriented event

2009/8/25 Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla@gmail.com>:
> Il giorno mar, 25/08/2009 alle 16.20 +0200, Ana Guerrero ha scritto:
>> >
>> > So...
>> >
>> > Could Caster Semenya go to the event or not? ;-)
>> >

>> I fail to see who is this funny or on-topic?
>> Keep such "jokes" out of here.
>
> my 2 cents: I agree with Ana. These jokes are hard to understand
> properly on written communication. So I can't get if it is just an
> innocent joke or, as it is so common among men who fear women raise of
> awareness (but can't understand why), a way to reduce importance of what
> women do and think by laughing at them.

Uh...

Sorry.

It was meant to ruffle feathers at the suggestion that you should
limit access to an event based on sex. It was supposed to suggest, for
example, that you were willing to check karyotypes, hormone levels,
and anatomy and whatever else Semenya has had to put up with before
you decided if a particular person should be allowed to attend the
event or not.

I'm not exactly sure how it was interpreted in an offensive manner,
but I suppose it was tactless of me to make a... uh... joke (it wasn't
even meant to be that funny) that could potentially be offensive. I
apologise.

- Jordi G. H.