Re: Hello and introduction

* linuxgirlie <linuxgirlie@gmail.com> [2006:02:25 21:45 +0000]:
> Haven't been a member for long but here goes...
>
> Hi, I am Jo, on the net I am 'known' as linuxgirlie.

Hello and welcome. :)

> I am from the UK and am  a sys-admin in a secondary school, I am the
> co-founder of Karoshi (www.karoshi.org.uk)

Wow, looks like a very cool project -- I'm so excited to have female
developers here!

> I must admit that I don't use Debian as my desktop distro I use Mandriva
> 2006, but I use Debian for other reasons including testing for Karoshi.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time... ;) (Mandrake was actually my
first distro -- despite only using it for three months before switching
to Debian, I think I still have a soft spot for it.)

> I started my love of Linux when I was in 6th Form at the age of 16/17, I got
> to install Corel Linux and haven't looked back, I am now 21 1/2 which means
> I have been using Linux for 5-ish years now....and I keep getting told to
> let go of Mandriva...but I just can't...lol...maybe one day! :D

Just out of curiosity -- since that is actually pretty young, especially
(in my experience) for a woman to begin using Linux -- how were you
introduced to it?

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide