Re: Localizing main site?

On 18/06/2005, at 9:26 PM, Jutta Wrage wrote:

Thanks for the link. It does look pretty complex for me now (the sort of thing I would have enjoyed very much before becoming ill), and they don't seem to have any notes for Mac OSX 10.4, which is a major update.

The main problem about arch and tla/bazaar is that they work with distributed repositories instead of one central. They solve problems, debian-women does not have. For a central project like debian-women website and www.d.o one central repository is the best, I think. That is why the arch system to choose should have been discussed before just acting.

To OSX and Fink: Fink is sometimes out of date a lot. I do not use it any longer, moved to Darwinports (.org) after installing my new notebook.

Thanks, Jutta: I'll have a look there. Fink has been letting me down a lot. :(

But to build the pages to upload them to alioth, you need some more things:
<details>

As nearly all larger projects, many people are working on, use either CVS or the newer SVN, it makes a lot of sense to learn one of them or both. If you just want to checkout, make changes and deliver patches to someone else, there is not very much to learn.

Using SVN has the advantage, that it works over http, and will pass firewalls, no need to open an additional port.

I'll be happy to use CVS or SVN (although I have a nasty feeling Christian and I never did get my SVN access working). Meanwhile, perhaps I can send pages to Meike, since she has so kindly offered to help. ;)

I've just translated the Involvement page, which I thought should be high priority. It's a really useful presentation of access information: thankyou to the person who put all that work in.

I really appreciate all the work you guys have evidently done, to make D-W the place it is. It really is a concentration of opportunity, which is enormously valuable. Thankyou.

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc