Re: Re: Website, logo, etc. (and hello!)

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:21:30PM -0400, Erinn Clark wrote:
> * Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> [2004:07:06 22:49 +0100]:
> >
> > I think this is a good idea.  I think one of the barriers to
> > particpation for women in debian is a lack of confidence (definitely so
> > for me).
>
> Yeah, I agree with this as well. One thing I was considering doing (at
> some point - maybe even soon), is having a bug-sqashing party on the IRC
> channel. We could introduce newer women to the process of closing bugs,
> dealing with Debian packaging, and also assist with the Sarge release.
> There are a lot of RC bugs, and while I'm not skilled enough to deal
> with a lot of them, there is still plenty of stuff to do in Debian.
> Sometimes it's just difficult to get started because there are so many
> places to look.

There are currently discussions under the QA people how and when to
organise some BSPs now the technical hindrances to the release of Sarge
are gaining more importance again in relation to other ones.
(see debian-qa mailinglist archives)

So if some help, coordination or advice is needed, we are certainly
willing to support such efforts :)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>