Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

Le mardi 30 mars 2021 à 20:27:56+0300, Sergey B Kirpichev a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 07:10:17PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > Are you aware that many of those "SJW" have been Debian Members for a very
> > long time
>
> Why not?

I do not understand what you mean by "why not?".

> > the most technical part of that community?
>
> That's your imagination, given you already ignored a decent part
> of the community.

The Debian Members are the most technical part of the Debian Community,
whether you like it or not, it's not my imagination. And these "SJW" you
refer to are Debian Members and henceforth mostly technical contributors
of the project.

> > Your opinions are yours, and are not shared by everyone here
>
> Not true as well.

I think there is a misunderstanding of English. Either I failed to
express myself correctly or you are failing to understand.

Your opinion is not shared by all developers. Some may agree with your
opinion but obviously some don't.

> > this GR will be a good reality check.
>
> The outcome doesn't matter, as I said.  The Debian project
> do political decisions on behalf of it's contributors - that's
> a reality.  This is now for something different than for a free OS...

Despite the many years of contributions you made to Debian, it seems to
me that your understanding of the way the Project works is at odd with the
reality, so I'll try one last time.

The Debian Project will maybe take a political position if the GR
outcomes allows it to do so, and if it does so it will take this
political position on behalf of itself, with the approval of a
"majority" of its voting member having expressed their opinion.

And, being a Free Software-made OS doesn't forbid it to be more than
that.

And using Debian won't mean anything more than before this GR, even if
the project were to tell the FSF that it won't work with it anymore and
considers RMS as someone who should be removed from there.

Because it is our right not to work with people we don't like.

As I said, I wish you the best in your future endeavours which will not
be around Debian, as far as you've stated previously.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2