Re: opinion on Choice 1

Le mardi 30 mars 2021 à 12:38:36+0200, Zlatan Todoric a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 3/30/21 12:18, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 29.03.21 20:37, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > > Quoting Ulrike Uhlig (2021-03-29 10:58:13)
> > >
> > > Sorry for my ignorance, but who are you to ask that?  I cannot your
> > > name
> > > in the Debian mailinglist inquisitor list.
> >
> > Concerning Vote002, we heard from someone in the
> > don't-sign-the-letter-camp about certain "events" (that's a quote, not a
> > euphemism) in Germany, someone else mentioned a "witch hunt", and now,
> > Jonas: the inquisition. w-o-w.
> >
> > The reality is much simpler than that.
> It is. You're calling out people and some have hard time to assume good
> faith. Jonas just pulled the same sentiment on you and you feel called out.
> >
> > People without voting rights repeatedly tried to lobby or push for a
> > certain agenda on this list. I'm tired of that and I think we'll all be
> > happier when this GR is over.
>
> Jonas has voting rights, I myself have voting right and together with
> Santiago R.R. (another voting member of Debian) drafted and published
> another choice on this GR. And I agree with you, I know many of us are
> unhappy with the GR entirely and will be much happier when it is over
> because we are tired that this is pushed into Debian in such a way.

Well, your proposal is still a strong Statement about how Debian should
position itself towards the FSF. So in a way, you push less strongly but
you still push "this" into Debian.

I'll probably vote your amendment or Sruthi's one, but still, I relate
to what I interpret as frustration from Ulrike.

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2