What changes do you want in Debian?

Dear Debian DPL candidates,

when I look back at my old platforms[1][2]3] I can already see a trend
where we move from "concrete changes that we want to see in Debian" to
"some vague idea of how we want to run the project" but this trend seems
to have continued and amplified to the point that this year none of the
platforms speak of any change that would affect something in how we build
our operating system or how we collaborate together or of how we
envision our role in the free software ecosystem!

All the topics are around Debian (how we recruit, how we handle the
money) but I see no desire to lead Debian in any direction and I find this
particularly sad. The election time used to be a very active period where
we would confront our ideas for the future, but this has fallen short
as can be witnessed from the low-activity right now in debian-vote
and as can be seen by the small number of candidates.

We're at the point where we congratulate ourselves because someone stepped
up to be DPL and we're happy that the process has not yet stopped working
entirely.

With that said, there could be many questions to be asked but I will
concentrate on three:

1/ Why have you all given up on the idea to lead Debian? It seems
   to me that you are happy with the DPL being a super-intendant
   and nothing more.

2/ What changes would you like to see happen in Debian? Say
   your top 3 (or 5 if you are motivated) things that you would change if
   you could do them with some magic.

3/ There seems to be some consensus that we should be better at embracing
   changes. But what can we do to be better at this?

Cheers,

[1] https://www.debian.org/vote/2002/platforms/raphael
[2] https://www.debian.org/vote/2007/platforms/hertzog
[3] https://www.debian.org/vote/2008/platforms/hertzog