Re: call for seconds: on firmware

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 01:27:26AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Quite right!  We need some editorial changes to fix this(!)

> Except we already tried that, with the social contract, not long
> before madcoder joined.  Surely no-one joining in 2005 could be
> ignorant of what SC 1 applies to, given all the noise in 2004?

> Actually, the DFSG don't use "component", "software" or "program" but
> some of the explanations/illustrations do.

2. Source Code

   The program must include source code, and must allow distribution in
   source code as well as compiled form.

You seem to be saying that everything after the title is merely
"explanation/illustration" and not a binding part of the DFSG.

That doesn't make any sense.  Just reading the titles of each of the DFSG
doesn't tell you what the guidelines are.