Re: Call for seconds: Suspension of the changes of the Project's membership procedures.

Le Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:42:08AM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :

> I fear that this GR will look like "vote yes if you don't want change."
> I'm personally fine with changes to the membership process. But I want
> them to be decided after an healthy, public, discussion, and probably
> also a vote (because we are not going to agree on which proposal is the
> best one).
>
> Should we add something to the GR to address this problem? Or simply
> explain the reasoning behind the GR by different means, during the vote?

Hi Lucas,

There are definitely much more constructive things happening on the
debian-project list. Since they are completely ignored, I think that this GR is
still useful to prevent escalation in the "fait accompli". For instance email
address "@contributor.debian.net" could be attributed, increasing confusion
about wether the different subclasses of members of the Project have been
created or not. In that case, a couple of more seconds would suspend the
decision.

I would be more than happy if a discussion between the different poles of
opinions would start, with focus on convergence. For the moment, there has
always been this or that person to write things close enough to what I think
that I did not feel like adding to the noise by sending "me too" messages.
Also, it is very important for the conflict to cool down that we do not start
to simply count who is behind each of the two main propositions.

So to cut a long story short, I hope that this GR proposal will be a Rubicon
that nobody is willing to cross, so I do not feel like tweaking it. I am fine
with a status quo while progress is done on the debian-project list.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,